Project - Automation/Process Control
Renovation and relocation of machinery
Find out how our Process Control teams worked on the machinery of a global tyre manufacturer.
It was also necessary to replace the control elements of the machines with the latest generation of equipment, whilst complying with the customer’s electrical and programming standards.
To upgrade the machine safety to the latest standards, we worked in partnership with Pilz to establish a risk analysis and a safety design.
We then carried out a detailed functional analysis, integrating the safety design and the new programming standards.
Our teams implemented :
- the replacement of the machine’s control elements with the latest generation equipment (electrical, pneumatic and automation)
- adaptation of the PLC and HMI programs (operator panels)
- adaptation of the new safety equipment according to the new detailed functional analysis
- commissioning of the installation
- operator and maintenance staff training
The standards used:
Functional safety standards EN ISO 13849-1 and -2 and EN/IEC 62061
Electrical safety standards according to EN IEC 60204-1
Following our interventions, the customer noted :
- increased safety for the operators (without additional constraints)
- an increase in the reliability of the machine
- easier internal maintenance thanks to the implementation of electrical and programming standards
- obtaining electrical safety, machine safety and CE conformity certificates
Do you have a question ?
Our team provides you with advice and helps you choose the best solutions.
We have received your request and our team will respond as soon as possible!
Keep informed with our latest news//.